Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Kiss

I've been in a weird mood all day.

It was my family Christmas today, so all of my dad's side of the family came to our house to eat, be merry, etc, and for some reason, it's put me in a weird mood. Part of it could be that I am very tired, and haven't slept too much because I have gotten slightly addicted to a game I got for Christmas from my brother (SPORE!) and I play it until three in the morning. Another part is that I keep seeing couples! One of my cousins is married. Another one brought his girlfriend. Another one brought her boyfriend...blah blah blah.
I'm jealous
The point is, I felt happy to be around people I haven't seen in a year, but I felt lonely at the same time.

Here's where it all started.
My cousins do this thing called geocaching. Google it. It's awesome. So the whole geocaching thing led us to the park. On the way back we walked through town in the rain, so naturally I had an umbrella. Umbrella's always make me feel like I should be in the 1940s or something. Weird, I know. As we were walking down the street, we passed all the old apartment buildings/stores of downtown. These buildings always makes me think of black and white movies. Murder mysteries and old love stories. Old buildings bring out the movies' air of romance to me. It makes me think of the romantic moments in the movies. Where it wasn't about having sex, but instead about the first kiss. The first kiss in old movies is always the most romantic. There's that moment of tension, anticipation, nervousness right before the quintesential first kiss. It's a great feeling.

I know for a fact that feeling is so much better when the first kiss is with someone you truly like.

Moral: I want to feel that feeling again.

Hint: If it's the right person, you'll feel that way every time you kiss.

New Year's Resolution #1: Have a meaningful relationship with someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment